Halloween is a time for thrills and chills. But if you spend more time being afraid of your friends’ Halloween costumes than enjoying them, let us show you the correct word for your phobia.
- If the blood on your friend’s costume scares you, you should say that you have hemophobia.
- If someone dressed as a colorful performer from the circus makes you want to run away and cry, you might have coulrophobia.
- If a red-horned, pitchfork carrying man frightens you, say you have demonophobia.
- If Jack-o-lanterns stop you in your tracks because of their lighting apparatus, you have arsonphobia.
- If a person with a badly designed costume (a sheet with two holes) can terrify you, you probably have a bad case of phasmophobia.
- You might want to avoid a cemetery if you have placophobia, because cemeteries are full of these stone markers.
- And if you have wiccaphobia, be sure not to watch Harry Potter for your Halloween movie night.
- If you have samhainophobia, you should probably just hide in your house for the month of October.
Below are some other common and funny phobias. If you’d like to look up more phobias, you can visit http://phobialist.com/or http://psychology.about.com/od/phobias/a/phobialist.htm for more info.
13, number- Triskadekaphobia. Bald people- Peladophobia.
Cemeteries- Coimetrophobia Confined spaces- Claustrophobia
Flying- Aviophobia Fog- Homichlophobia
Mirrors- Catoptrophobia Night- Noctiphobia
Puppets- Pupaphobia Reptiles- Herpetophobia
Shadows- Sciophobia Snakes- Ophidiophobia
Spiders- Arachnephobia Birds- Ornithophobia